Fedor Shalyapin, 21406 GRT, loa 185m, 929 passengers Built as Ivernia in 1955 for Cunard Line for service on the transatlantic run. Later renamed Franconia. One of a series of four vessels (the above mentioned Albatros being one of these). Sold to the USSR in 1973, she divided her days between cruising and liner voyages to Australia. All through her career, both her interiors and exterior remained lagerly unaltered. Scrapped in 2004 after several years in Ilychevsk awaiting a charter.
27 photographs, made in 1994 during a ship visit in Amsterdam.