Ellinis, 4800 GRT, loa 122m, 333 passengers In 1993 the Lurline was launched and the Matson Line placed her on the San Francisco-Los Angeles-Honolulu service. In WWII she served as a troop transport. After the war she was refitted to her former glory and redelivered to Matson Line in 1948. In 1963 she suffered turbine trouble and was laid up. Chandris Lines bought her, repaired and refitted her. She was renamed Ellinis and started sailing on the Rotterdam – Sydney – Rotterdam round the world service. After 1975 she became a full time cruise ship. 1980 was her last season, cruising in the Mediterranean. In October Ellinis was laid up and was used as a donor ship to keep her sister Britanis in service. In 1986 she went to the breakers.
48 photographs, made in 1980 during a cruise in the Mediterranean.