24800 GRT, loa 185m, 906 passengersBuilt in 1957 as Sylvania for Cunard Line, and sold in 1968 to Sitmar Cruises. Renamed Fairwind. Converted from liner to cruise ship in 1971. Sold to Princess Cruises in 1988 and renamed Dawn Princess. V Ships bought the vessel in 1993 and chartered her out to German Phoenix Reisen. In 2004, she suffered serious damage to her main engines and was sent to the breakers in India. Sister vessel to Fedor Shalyapin (see below).
32 photographs, 1993 ship visit in Amsterdam.